Share

Reem Island DC plant almost complete

PAL Technology on last leg of piping networks at Tamouh development

Share
PAL Technology has almost completed work on the Tamouh development DC plant.
PAL Technology has almost completed work on the Tamouh development DC plant.

UAE district cooling major PAL Technology has announced that it has almost completed work on the piping network of sectors 2 and 3 of a new plant on the Tamouh development on Abu Dhabi’s Reem Island.

The master project is a 90,000 Refrigerant Tonne (RT) plant, and the Tamouh Sector 2 & 3 comprises 30 percent of the total capacity. The remaining 70% of the piping network is for the supply of chilled water to a total cooling demand of 118,000 RT and is already completed.

PAL Technology commenced district-cooling operations in 2006, and the company says it has over 400,000 refrigerant tons of district cooling contracts in hand.

“Owing to its size and capacity the project is a milestone in not just our portfolio but also the UAE district cooling industry in general. Upon completion the plant will supply chilled water to cool over 3 million sq meter of covered area”, said Sheraz Siddiqui, Projects Director, PAL Technology.

“We are proud to have been chosen to deliver this project and pleased to have done so in the record time of 18 months,” he added.

Newsletter

Most Popular