Share

Mitsui and AES fire up second Jordan power project

Duo start commercial operations at 241MW IPP east of Amman.

Share
Aes, Mitsui, News

Mitsui & Co and AES Corporation have kickstarted commercial operations at a 241 MW power plant in Jordan, their second project in the Hashemite Kingdom.

The tri-fuel fired diesel engine power plant is located in Al-Manakher, 25 km east of Jordan's capital city, Amman.

Electricity generated by the newly-built plant will be supplied to Jordan’s National Electric Power Company (NEPCO) under a 25-year Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) signed in 2012.

US-based AES owns 60% of the $350mn venture while Japan’s Mitsui & Co owns the remaining 40%.

This is the second IPP in Jordan for the pair after it was jointly awarded a first project in February 2006 which began commercial operations in July 2008.

Newsletter

Most Popular