Share

Stork and SISCO to expand services in the region

Firms will offer specialised services to energy and water sectors

Share
The firm will offer its consultancy and technical services to the entire Middle East region. (GETTY IMAGES)
The firm will offer its consultancy and technical services to the entire Middle East region. (GETTY IMAGES)

Stork Technical Services and Saudi Industrial Services Co (SISCO) have signed an agreement to establish a new limited liability company that will offer specialised technical services to the energy, water desalination, petrochemical and oil & gas sectors. Under the new name of Stork Technical Services Saudi Arabia Limited, the firm will be based in Jubail, Saudi Arabia, and is aiming to expand services across the Middle East.

Under the agreement, Stork will take a 55% stake, with SISCO taking the remaining 45% share. The company has said it will target the recruitment of young Saudis into a range of technical, vocational and administration roles.

Stork Technical Services CEO, Douglas Meikle, has said that his company has been targeting expansion in the region – and particularly Saudi Arabia - for a number of years. He said that the company believed the Saudi market was one of the most promising in the region in terms of projects and expansions within the energy, petrochemical and oil & gas sectors.

SISCO CEO Mohammed Mudarres also commented on the deal, saying that the agreement with Stork was pursued because of Stork’s “excellent reputation and high quality performance in the area of specialised services”.
 

 

Newsletter

Most Popular