DEWA signs five contracts worth AED1 billion
The annual WETEX show sees DEWA pledge investment in infrastructure
As the third day of Dubai’s annual WETEX conference and trade show gets underway, DEWA has already announced five major deals, signed with various companies by HE Saeed Mohammed Al Tayer, MD and CEO of DEWA. So far, the projects include:
1. Construction of Al Ghafat Reservoirs phase one and two, with a capacity of 120 million gallons. Total cost: AED 285,000,000
Contractor: Pratibha Industries Ltd.
2. Construction of an inlet air chilling for gas turbines at L station, phase one at Jebel Ali, to improve efficiency of the turbines.
3. 132kv cable laying works, to cover 230km. Total cost: AED 100,000,000
Contractor: Emirates Electrical Engineering LLC.
4. Supply, installation, testing and commissioning of five reactor stations. Total cost: AED 372,000,000.
Contractor: Siemens LLC.
5. Supply, installation, testing and commissioning of a SCADA/EMS/DTS system for transmission control centres. Total cost: AED 97,000,000
Contractor: Siemens A.G.