Dubai moves to shift 75% of waste from landfillsby Baset Asaba on Feb 13, 2017
Dubai Municipality has announced that it has doubled efforts to shift 75 percent of the waste produced in the Emirate of Dubai from landfills in line with the environmental objectives of the 2021 National Agenda and the National Index.
"We are multiplying our efforts to educate all segments of the public in order to activate the role of the community in achieving the goals and aspirations of the leadership to have maximum benefit by increasing segregation and recycling of waste at source," said Abdul Majeed Sifai, Director of Waste Management Department and Head of the Sustainable Waste Management Awareness Team at Dubai Municipality.
He was speaking during the opening of an awareness exhibition on sustainable environmental practices at Mirdif City Centre.
He emphasised that Dubai Municipality has always sought to provide the best level of government services to community members and continuously develop to achieve its strategic plans and goals that keep Dubai remaining a leading city in cleanliness and progress at the global level.
Sifai added that the exhibition is a continuation of the efforts to create public awareness involving all sectors and groups to spread the concept and culture of waste reduction and to promote the most important projects and initiatives in the field of waste management activities, according to the highest approved standards.
The awareness exhibition included many initiatives and projects, such as promoting outstanding cleaning workers, and drawing and handicraft workshops to encourage children to be aware of the importance of reducing waste and maintaining a clean environment.
- FEWA to accept e-Dirham service fee payments
- Qatar, Japan to cooperate on electricity
- DEWA, Siemens to strengthen collaboration ties
- Oman SMEs win Shell solar PV project deal
- Abu Dhabi to treat sewage water for irrigation
- Empower posts Dh641mn profits
- Saudi Arabia launches bids for 700MW RE projects
- Emirates Insolaire unveils coloured solar panels
- ABB delivers substation for Dubai solar park
- Oman awards contract extension to Al Kamil Power