Home / Tabreed provides cooling for Yas Waterworld
Tabreed provides cooling for Yas Waterworldby Adam Lane on Jan 23, 2013
District cooling giant Tabreed are set to be the exclusive provider of cooling services to Abu Dhabi’s new Yas Waterworld development. The waterpark – the largest in the capital – will be supplied with 2,473 RT of cooling for its internal facilities.
Tabreed has said that the use of district cooling services, compared to conventional cooling, will reduce energy consumption at the site by around four million KwH per year, with a consequent reduction in CO2 emissions of nearly 2,000 tonnes. Cost savings were estimated at nearly US $ 165,000 per year.
“Yas Waterworld is one of Abu Dhabi’s most exciting new developments and will be a major attraction for tourists and residents alike. We are pleased to be working closely with another of Abu Dhabi’s landmark attractions and to provide them with year round, reliable, and energy efficiency cooling solutions,” said Tabreed CEO, Jasim Thabet.
“For developments of this kind, district cooling is the ideal solution as it reduces energy consumption, creating significant benefits in terms of lower costs and CO2 emissions. Of particular importance to an attraction of this type is the reliability. Tabreed’s high-tech and industrial cooling units dramatically decrease failure frequency compared to commercial equipment, and therefor provide peace of mind to our client,” he added.
The cooling project at Yas Waterworld covers an interior space of about 11,529 square metres.
- Empower in talks to bring IDEA conference to Dubai
- Tabreed's energy savings in 2013 surpass 1bn kWh
- Msheireb opts for District Cooling
- Fifth annual Middle East DC Summit opens in Doha
- KSA district cooling market set to surge
- Empower inks $142mn deal with Doha Bank
- Future of cooling
- Tabreed chills The Residences, Abu Dhabi
- Empower targeting 350MW energy saving by year-end
- Tabreed records 30% rise in Q1 net profit