Home / Marafeq Qatar finishes Lusail DC plants
Marafeq Qatar finishes Lusail DC plantsby Adam Lane on Oct 23, 2012
Qatar’s Lusail Real Estate Development Company (LREDC) and Marafeq Qatar have inaugurated Phase 1 of the new Marina District’s district cooling system in Lusail City. The three new plants have a combined total capacity of 3,000 TOR, and are set to be part of a larger plant that will serve a group of towers in the Marina District development.
Marafeq Qatar, a Qatari Diar subsidiary, undertook the design, management and supervision of the project, with the UAE’s Bin Darwish executing the construction works, technical testing and plant commissioning.
“Launching the first phase of these cooling plants is a large step towards establishing a sustainable city that meets the highest international standards of green building. We continue to take consistent strides in this journey by working to complete several phases according to a quality system that is the finest in the world, and that meets the aspirations of Lusail City residents,” said LREDC CEO Essa Mohammed Ali Kaldari.
Marafeq Qatar CEP Ahmed AbdelKader Mohammed Al Imari added: “These cooling plants are the first fruits of Marafeq Qatar’s efforts in Lusail City, and with them the cooling infrastructure of Lusail Marina’s first group of towers is completed, on schedule, and ready to be connected and begin functioning according to the Lusail development plant.
“I am pleased to say that our work with Lusail City doesn’t stop here – we continue to play an important role in laying the infrastructure for gas piping as well as a waste recycling system.”
Lusail City is Qatar’s largest real estate development, with plans to accommodate 200,000 residents, 170,000 workers and 80,000 daily visitors.
- DC Pro in joint venture with Saudi's Taqnia Energy
- Empower energy savings drive sees 8% hike
- Empower to host district cooling conference
- Emicool awards $33mn district cooling contract
- KAHRAMAA intensifies AC usage campaign
- Empower opens third cooling plant at Business Bay
- Empowerâ€™s DC transmission pipeline reaches 223km
- Dubai's hotels drive district cooling demand
- Empower awards district cooling plant deal
- Honeywell launches smart thermostat