Empower showcasing model of DC plant at WETEXby Daniel Canty on Mar 13, 2012
His Highness Sheikh Hamdan Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Deputy Ruler of Dubai and Minister of Finance, visited Empower’s stand at the 14th Water, Energy, Environment, Oil and Gas Exhibition 2012 (WETEX) that is being taking place from 13th to 15th March at the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre.
Empower is displaying the model of its 60,000 refrigeration tonnes district cooling plant which at Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC), one of the biggest projects in Dubai.
Ahmed Bin Shafar, CEO of Empower commented on this occasion: “We are delighted to have the model of our district cooling plant in DIFC displayed in the show. We believe that district cooling will accelerate the move towards green buildings in the UAE as per the directives of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai.”
The district cooling plant in DIFC forms part of the expansion strategy of Empower, driven by high demand from the business sector and residential communities in Dubai.
“We are honored by the visit of His Highness Sheikh Hamdan Bin Rashid Al Maktoum to our stand. This comes at a time Empower is reaching an enviable position worldwide and in the region”, added Bin Shafar.
Empower’s plant built in DIFC follows the best international standards in design and operations.
Empower is expecting an increased demand for district cooling solutions in coming years, and this is reflected in its active participation at WETEX 2012.
- SEC raises $366mn loan for Jeddah power plant
- DEWA increases budget to $5.5bn
- Atkins awarded supervision role for $600m project
- Qatar to start utility-scale rooftop solar project
- Bahrain said to plan revamp of energy subsidies
- Alstom enters JV to build $64m factory in KSA
- Agreement signed to build $290mn Jordan wind farm
- Alstom continues to expand in KSA
- Samsung wins $1.2bn IWPP contract in KSA
- 25% of UAE energy from nuclear resources by 2020