Home / Masdar opens internship for UAE nationals
Masdar opens internship for UAE nationalsby Michael Palmer on Jun 21, 2011
Masdar has launched a summer internship programme that targets academically talented Emirati students, in an attempt to find solutions to energy, sustainability and environmental issues.
Running for five weeks and starting on July 3, the Masdar Institute Research Experiences for undergraduate students is open to UAE nationals graduating this year, or who are university seniors. Applications must be in by June 23, and the interns will be afforded the opportunity to work closely with faculty and graduate students to conduct research in energy, environment or sustainability.
"Our summer internship programmes target talented UAE national students who stand to immensely benefit from the wide scope of our research areas. The programme is part of Masdar Institute's commitment to identify and nurture adequately qualified university students with a penchant for research and innovation," said Dr Lamya N. Fawwaz, Executive Director of Public Affairs at Masdar Institute.
- 25% of UAE energy from nuclear resources by 2020
- UAE, Netherlands to boost energy cooperation
- ENEC completes CLP installation for Barakah plant
- UAE wants to diversify its energy mix: Al Mazroui
- UAE ranked top for ease of access to electricity
- UAE aims to host 2019 World Energy Congress
- HILALCO wins $60mn UAE nuclear plant contract
- UAE gives Morocco $100m for renewable energy
- No plans to raise power, water rates: UAE minister
- UAE nuclear watchdog invites comments from public